[techtalk] ftp only shell for users...

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Sun Nov 28 02:00:57 EST 1999

Steve Kudlak wrote:

> Isn't denying ssh, going to extreme?

If all you're doing is hosting web pages, why do users need shells?
Most of the end-users I know (I'm talking non-savvy end users) prefer
just to click on the 'upload this page with FTP' button on their
page creator program.
A bare few - the ones who handmake their pages or handedit them after
the page creator is done - are happy FTPing them up themselves.

I have *ONE* who wanted a shell account. One.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/