[techtalk] Mac Linux

Ingrid Schupbach ingrid at miranda.org
Wed Nov 24 11:22:23 EST 1999

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Cathy James wrote:

> >3. Has anyone ever done linux of any kind on a mac?

Yes.  My first linux installation was a dual-boot using MkLinux.  I was
not all that happy with MkLinux -- it had A TON of bugs, and didn't know a
lot of standard linux commands.  Getting a browser to work on it was
virtually impossible (though lynx worked just fine).  HOWEVER, this was
well over a year ago - and while I was using it they were constantly
making major improvements, so I suspect by now it's a much better product.
I'm a mac fan at heart (you never quite get over your first love), so
someday I hope to buy a mac again and use MkLinux.

Ingrid