[techtalk] New document to install Qmail

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Tue Nov 23 20:58:26 EST 1999

On  0, Deb Richardson <deb at thepuffingroup.com> wrote:
> Subba Rao wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I have written a mini-HOWTO document for installing Qmail on linux.
> > The URL is:
> >
> >         http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/OS/Qmail.html
> >
> > Hope this helps interested newbies.
>
> Hi Subba.
>
> I was wondering if you might be interested in including your HOWTO in
> the Open Source Writers Group documentation set.  The OSWG site is
> here:  http://www.oswg.org.
>
> I'd be happy to help you mark up the document using the DocBook DTD.  We
> also have a CVS system to which you can have access to facilitate
> updates and changes to your document.
>
> Let me know.  I think your document would be a valuable addition to our
> documentation set.  Note, however, that the OSWG does have some
> requirements for the licenses under which documentation is released --
> we recommend using the Open Publication License, v0.4 or later, which
> ensures that the document is at least freely reformattable and
> redistributable.  You can optionally restrict modification allowances on
> the document, at your discretion.
>
> For more details about our licensing policy, please see:
> http://www.oswg.org/docs/about.html ("Licensing Policy" link).  To see
> the full text of the Open Publication License, see
> http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/.
>
> I hope you will be willing to contribute to our project.  If you have
> any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me at any
> time.
>
> - deb

Hi Deb,

Thanks for this info. I did not know that there was this OSWG group.
I have been trying to pass this info on to as many people as I can. The goal
of the document was to make it easier for anyone to install Qmail.

I will go to the site and start the process. It is very likely that I will be
maintaining the document. I don't want too much verbage added to the document.
Only instructions on howto get the software running.

Thank you once again. I will be in touch with you soon. :-)

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/