[techtalk] TERMCAP

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Mon Nov 22 13:09:03 EST 1999

> Does anyone have a clue what this means?
>
> "TERMCAP", line 0, col 273, terminal 'screen': unknown capability 'xv'
> "TERMCAP", line 0, col 276, terminal 'screen': unknown capability 'LP'
> "TERMCAP", line 0, col 523, terminal 'screen': unknown capability 'AX'
> "TERMCAP", line 0, col 526, terminal 'screen': unknown capability 'G0'

Taking a peek at /etc/termcap shows this interesting tidbit (from esr, no
less):

# (screen3: removed unknown ":xv:LP:G0:" -- esr)
screen3|VT 100/ANSI X3.64 virtual terminal:\
	:km:mi:ms:\
	:co#80:it#8:li#24:\

I would guess that you're seeing the error message that esr did.  How old is
your installation, anyway?

If there are xv, LP, etc, in the screen definition in your /etc/termcap, then
try removing them.

				Jeff