[techtalk] netscape woes

Bent Mathiesen Bent at tli.de
Wed Nov 10 18:35:22 EST 1999

Let me add some info :)

For long tiem I was forced to use Internet explorer on NT....
But at home I sat up 3 linux box'es - with netscape <= 4.5.
It worked fine. It was standard redhat.

Later - like 2 months ago - I have set up a PC where I am
now with SuSE 6.1 (later 6.2) and netscape 4.5 and 4.6. It
worked not so fine. Netscape freeze, leave processes that
take cpu resouces, etc. A pain...

A few days ago I upgraded to Netscape 4.7. It seem to work fine
but the upgrade have made netscape complain about the java
plugin. It cannot find it ? (it is in the path listed).

I will look into it and get the Java part running. Maybe, at
that time, Netscape will freeze again....

I need the Java - at least for my Oracle online books :)
(I need Java in the morning too - but that is for my internal CPU :)

Sincerely

  Bent Mathiesen