[techtalk] CD-RW

JLG batgirl at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Nov 9 13:07:22 EST 1999

hey folks,

I hate to ask such a general question, but I am looking to by an IDE CD
writer/rewriter and all the ones mentioned on the Hardware Compatiblity
HOWTO are kind of outdated, and hard to find for sale. I am leaning
towards a Ricoh, Phillips or
maybe an HP ,hoping to spend downwards of $250, and it will be used
mostly for mp3s/backup.

I looked at the product specifications for a few models and I have been
unable to determine if they'll be a problem under Linux

If anyone could please let me know what make/model they have used
successfully off list, or any brands to steer clear of I sure would
appreciate it.

thanks!

-Jen G.

batgirl at sdf.lonestar.org