[techtalk] swtiching rhat drives . . .

Naomi Hospodarsky naomi-hospodarsky at uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:24:29 EST 1999

Hi Walt,
There is a utility called "ghost" that is put out by symantec that you can
use to copy your redhat partition from one drive to another. The thing is,
since ghost doesn't  recognize non-dos partitions, (at least with version
5.0 which we use) it will copy the whole thing block for block.
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/indexA.html
We use it in the office here all the time for moving things from one drive
to another (i.e from a test machine into production)