[techtalk] Cursor decided to stay an X

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Mon Nov 1 03:26:59 EST 1999

Ingrid Schupbach wrote:

> I had this problem, too.  My theory is that it's related to Enlightenment.
> I used to get this problem until I changed two things: a) I upgraded to
> the new version of Enlightenment and b) I changed my theme (I was using
> something called Ice* (IceK?)).  When I had the problem, I could fix it by
> switching out of the etheme I was running and then switching back - in the
> process of this re-launching my cursor would become a pointer.  Now, with
> the upgrade and the new theme, relaunching no longer means loosing my
> pointer.
>
> I hope this helps.

Thank you Ingrid (and Laurel!)

Yes, I had the Ice theme. Yes, changing the theme has fixed it - thank
you Ingrid.

I _like_ the Ice theme. I'll stick with a different theme until I next get
around to upgrading, and see if Ice works then...

And thanks Laurel - the questions are good ones, although I suspect that
since Ingrid and I had the same problem it's a thing with the Ice theme.
Le sigh...

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/