[techtalk] Apache Question

Cynthia Dale silly at redhat.com
Thu Dec 23 01:30:48 EST 1999

Hi!
Here's something I just put up:
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/tips/webserver.html
It covers lots of bases, so it should help you out.  As a BTW, BTW, I am
working on this part of the site a lot, so ya might want to keep an eye on
it for additions.  (:
Thanks,
Cindy
P.S. I think the gui-based tool is called Comanche.  I haven't used it,
but other pepole I've talked to about it says it's not so much fun.

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Tech Docs wrote:

> Folks
>
> I have been assigned a work, which I have no idea as to how I do it. I am
> supposed to set-up Linux with Apache loaded for a small network. The people
> here are web designers who would like to test their programs with this Linux
> box running Apache. They also want to use Linux to connect to the Internet,
> using a leased line of 64Kbps.
>
> First, is there any GUI based tool for Apache. Also if there is good
> starters documentation on Apache I would appreciate it very much.
>
> They also want ASP to run on Linux. I know it is possible, since I remember
> reading it somewhere,  but how do I do it.
>
> What I am planning here is RED HAT 6.1!
>
> What should do for the backend namely mysql?
>
> Sorry about asking too many question.
>
> I have only three days of deadline to complete this work.
>
> Cheers!
> Sriram

> Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one place.

> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Cynthia J. Dale
Technical Engineer/FAQ maintainer
Red Hat, Inc.