[techtalk] Converting PMMail files to Maildir or mbox format

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Wed Dec 22 23:24:09 EST 1999

On  0, Caitlyn Martin <caitlyn at netferrets.net> wrote:
> Hi, Subba,
>

> > I am in the process of moving my mail from a OS/2 box. The mail client
> > here is PMMail. Each email is stored in a seperate file, like in Maildir.
> > I have moved these files to linux, but cannot read them using Mutt to
> > convert them to Maildir named files. The PMMail files are named in 7.3
> format,
> > which is like ABCXYZ1.MSG
>
> PMMail (at least the 1.95 version I last used) had an option to export it's
> messages as plain text files.  If you don't have too many of them, you might
> want to try that.

Thanks for all that replied. I have managed to move them to Maildir format.
What I did was to create a Maildir directory and copied the *.MSG files to "cur".
That's it. I could read all the mail with mutt.

Did not know it was that simple. Thanks again.

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com