[techtalk] X in Corel vs. Red Hat (was: winmodem sound driver)

Alain Toussaint alain at cyber-horizons.com
Fri Dec 17 01:41:25 EST 1999

Caitlyn Martin wrote:

> Hi, Theresa,
>
> > Oh, RH was not pre-installed, it came on a CD as the operating system for the box.  They said they could not install linux on the system as it was too difficult.
>
> With all due respect, Red Hat is not a terribly difficult installation, particularly with the graphical install in 6.1.  I suspect they are just clueless when it comes to Linux.

nope,i don't think it's the case,you see,where i work,when we sell a new
machine,we must garantee it to be working (including modem),i suspect they
knew they put in a winmodem which won't work with linux so they provided a CD
but decline to do the installation (the modem is working right in windows).

Alain

--
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.