[techtalk] truncated file names

Samantha Jo Moore sjmoore at TheTahoeGroup.com
Tue Dec 14 19:36:39 EST 1999

> Excerpts from linuxchix: 14-Dec-99 Re: [techtalk] truncated fi.. by
> "Theresa Radke"@corelcit
> > Ok, I changed the mount for c drive to vfat, and it fixed the
> > truncation issue, but now c drive is not automatically mounted
> > in my file manager on boot.
>
> What is in your /etc/fstab?
>
> It's much easier for people to help you if you give them the relevant
> config files or errors...

In the /etc/fstab, the entry the corresponds to the filesystem you
want to have mounted at boot time should have a 1 in the fifth field.
A 0 in this field indicates that it should not be mounted at boot
time.  The number in the sixth field indicates the sequence in
which this filesystem is mounted.  DOS and windows partitions should
have a 2 here.

Samantha