[techtalk] truncated file names

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 14 18:54:21 EST 1999

Excerpts from linuxchix: 14-Dec-99 [techtalk] truncated file n.. by
"Theresa Radke"@corelcit
> I am sure I chose a wrong option someplace along the way because
> now my long file names are truncated.

What filesystem? (vfat, umsdos, ext2..) What are they truncated to?

> Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Which option I must have
> selected to cause this to happen (so I don't do it again) and
> last, is there a place a person can go on the net to read a
> concise explination for all the options given during a kernel
> rebuild?

I have no idea what would do that.  If you send your .config file, I'll
take a look at what you have selected..

Documentation/Configure.help in your kernel source dir has explanations
of most of the options (The Documentation directory has interesting
stuff in general.. you can get your kernel hacking fix even if you can't
or don't want to read the code..).