[techtalk] Samba question

wizard111 at netzero.net wizard111 at netzero.net
Mon Dec 13 23:36:26 EST 1999

Your smb.conf file would probably help a bit. However I've noticed
that windows 9X tends to not "see" network machines at times,
and continues to no notice them. But to be certain that it's not
win9x misbehaving (as usual), check if you can browse the linux
box from the NT machine that you're going through (assuming
you're logging onto the PDC). Missed your first posting of the
question, so what version of samba are you running? What does
your smb.conf look like? Did you accidentally tell samba not to
announce to the master browser?
So many variables, so little whiskey...  :/   ];)