[techtalk] Broad techtalk question...Image processing and Digital Cameras

Amanda Owens amowens at radonc.duke.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:20:19 EST 1999

I have an Epson PhotoPC 750Z. It interfaces *great* via serial port using
the photopc package. Check out www.average.org - I have their ftp site
tagged (www.average.org/ftp/photopc/).

There is also the gphoto package, which is a graphical interface with
backends for a lot of cameras. According to the webpage, that package is
supposed to be using the photopc driver for Epson cameras, but I have yet
to actually have gphoto *find* my camera. It could be serial port
problems, but I'm not sure. We're still working on that. You can check
out gphoto at www.gphoto.org - they have a list of cameras that are
supposed to work fine.

Mur!