[techtalk] Problems with vi

lilith at paxumbrae.com lilith at paxumbrae.com
Fri Dec 3 18:21:54 EST 1999

Hi. :)

I am currently running Slackware 7.0 with vim 5.5

I am encountering an odd error that when I am remotely connected to my
computer and su to another user (any user, including root), I get the
following error message:

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication at Fri Dec  3
17:13:43 1999.
Rejected connection at Fri Dec  3 17:13:43 1999: X11 connection from
paxumbrae.com port 2804

X connection to hermes:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

If anyone has any suggestions (besides elvis or emacs, etc), I'd really
appreciate them. I'm a girl who can't live without vi!