[techtalk] Home pages for regular users

Kathleen Weaver kathleen at augustmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:27:22 EST 1999

>How can my other users on this system, have their own web pages?
>I want them to have their own directories and HTML documents (in their
>$HOME directories). I may allow simple CGI programs.

Have them create a directory called public_html

Their "home page" should be in a file called index.html or index.htm

Any files should be set with 755 permission -- (use chmod 755 file.name)

Their webpages will be at server/~userid

I think they just put in a cgi_bin directory -- you may need to do something in the apache configuration  but I haven't gotten this far.

My webmastering students have pages setup this way.