[prog] Programming for kids & learning how to program

Liz Burke-Scovill fiddledragon at gmail.com
Tue May 20 13:12:15 UTC 2008

Thank you for sharing! My daughter asked me several years ago if I would
teach her how to program, and I was at a loss of how to start teaching her
without delving right into Java, and that would have gone over her head (I
tried - I failed). We moved to HTML and that had somewhat more success - but
I have I guess somewhat of a biased view towards HTML authoring tools - I
feel that you should learn the syntax before using those tools - but I guess
with kids it might be better to get them to learn how to do it, then teach
the underpinnings later, huh?

That being said, these resources look great, and completely takes the
conversation and looks at it from a different angle.

Thank you!
Liz

--
Imagination is intelligence having fun...
fiddledragon at gmail.com