[prog] Perl and Japanese filenames

Almut Behrens almut-behrens at gmx.net
Tue Oct 24 19:07:28 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 11:38:48AM +1000, Jacinta Richardson wrote:
> G'day Almut,
>
> I applaud your asking on this mailing list, but in order to get a wider
> range of responses I suggest you also ask this question on Perl Monks (one
> of Perl's primary forums, where all the cool people (including Larry Wall
> and half of the CPAN authors hang out).
>
> 	http://perlmonks.org
>
> I haven't done enough with character encoding in Perl to answer your
> question unfortunately.

Thanks Jacinta.  I thought I first try here, as I know of at least one
Perl expert subscribed to this list :)

Anyway, just posted my problem to perlmonks.

(IMHO, it's a pity that such a great resource is not being run as a
mailing list.  I kinda dislike web forums -- even if they're dedicated
to one of my favorite programming languages.   For example, it took me
about five "preview" attempts to get the message in a decent shape.
That's not the only reason for my aversion, though...  Well, if you
want help, you can't question the rules by which to play ;)

Almut