[prog] XSL and i18n

Kjersti Bjørnestad Berg kjersti.b.berg at start.no
Wed Mar 23 20:44:13 EST 2005

ons, 23.03.2005 kl. 10.02 skrev Dan:
> > I'm certainly not an expert for i18n with XSL, so I'm probably not
> > of much help here.  However, I don't know for sure, unless I have a
> > clearer picture of what you're planning to do
>
> I'm talking about writing XSL stylesheets that can use multiple
> languages. Different programming languages have their own ways of
> supporting different natural languages (Java has resource bundles,
> Windows has resource files, etc.), but I don't know of any similar thing
> for XSL.
>
> Put another way, consider this XSL stylesheet:
>
>    <xsl:template match="foo">
>    </xsl:template>
>
> Is there an easy way to provide text of several languages inside the <P>
> tags without recoding the stylesheet separately for each language?

I haven't tried it myself, but the cocoon project at apache supports
i18n. See http://cocoon.apache.org and
http://www.ucc.ie:8080/cocoon/documents/howto/howto-i18n-xmlform.html.

I don't know if this is what you're after, but as far as I know there is
no built in support for i18n in xsl, you would have to use some kind of
framework.

Kjersti