[prog] Eclipse and CVS

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Mon Mar 7 22:01:18 EST 2005

> My Eclipse setup interfaces quite nicely with the company's CVS server,
> except for one annoying detail. Whenever I do something involving CVS,
> Eclipse asks me to re-enter my password, then to confirm my username (in
> that order!).

Never mind: I seem to have found the problem. My password was wrong.
Instead of telling me, Eclipse was simply asking me to type it in again.
It's especially strange because I think the password seemed to work at
first. But then, I occasionally got an error message saying "I HATE
YOU", and the person administrating the repository says he thinks it
means a wrong password.

--
Like my contemporaries, I'd for years bought into this attitude that ...
history was when all the mistakes were made, all the atrocities