[prog] Eclipse and CVS

Dan Richter dan at cellectivity.com
Fri Mar 4 05:53:26 EST 2005

I'm using the Eclipse development tool under Debian. It has CVS built
right into it (via a pre-installed plugin), and even though I do better
with the command line at the moment, I want to fully integrate my work
with Eclipse.

My Eclipse setup interfaces quite nicely with the company's CVS server,
except for one annoying detail. Whenever I do something involving CVS,
Eclipse asks me to re-enter my password, then to confirm my username (in
that order!). I've checked the little box in the CVS configuration that
says "remember my password", but I'm still asked. Someone else in the
company uses Eclipse (under Windows) and doesn't have this problem. It
can't possibly be the operating system that's the problem, because
Eclipse is written in Java. Does anyone have any idea why it keeps
asking me for my password?