[prog] setting referer checking on in php

April april at farstrider.org
Fri Aug 19 06:32:46 EST 2005

I think it's a misleading error.  HTTP_REFERER can be spoofed or left
unset by a browser, so it's unlikely that not having that data would
make the script fail silently. Would you be willing to send the
formmail.php file?  It could be failing for any number of reasons, but
my guess is it's because register_globals went from on to off (likely if
you upgraded PHP from pre-4.2).

If it DID stop working because of register_globals getting turned on,
that probably means the script is insecure and could be used by third
parties to send spam from your server.  So don't just turn on
register_globals to make it work.. fix the script.