[prog] setting referer checking on in php

Nicki Handy nicki at virtualnicki.com
Fri Aug 19 04:53:51 EST 2005

Hi- I've just upgraded a mac to Tiger and also upgraded the mail
server. I copied the old php.ini over into the new settings but for
some reason formmail.php is not working. I didn't set it up, one of the
programmers I work with uses it. The error I get in the web logs says
[PHPFormMail] HTTP_REFERER checking is turned off.

So, I think this would make it fail and thus, no mail from the form.
But I went into php.ini and the variable for referer is set to blank. I
tried changing it to 1 and "on" but neither worked. Is there another
way to set that? Or is that a misleading error and I do in fact have it
turned on? I restarted the server after changing it.

Thanks a lot,
Nicki