[prog] Ruby?

Karine Proot kproot at nerim.net
Tue Nov 9 00:32:17 EST 2004

Sue Stones wrote:

>The next question is how to organise things.  I have a couple of suggestions,
>that are not mutually exclusive.
>
>i) we can each post summaries of what we are learning, and discuss them.
>ii) we can each suggest 'problems to solve' and then everyone can go away and
>try and solve them, and discuss how they dealt with it.  (eg "write a hello
>world program").
>
>Any comments on this, other suggestions.
>
>sue

iii) we can pick an online ressource (like the Poignant Guide which is
fun indeed) and all study one page (or chapter) in a given time,
discussing about it during that time (and maybe trying to illustrate the
newly learnt concepts with some examples)

This is a far more 'constructed' approach which have its own pros and
cons (the hard thing would be to find the good pace for everybody).

Karine