[prog] tracing tools (was: bash: string comparisons...)

Riccarda Cassini riccarda.cassini at gmx.de
Fri May 7 18:17:15 EST 2004

Almut Behrens wrote:
>     (After unpacking, type 'make' to compile it. You'll probably have
>     to uncomment the line '# include "ioctls.h"' in trace.c, as
>     mentioned in the README -- if anything should go wrong, you can

Tried compiling trace for HP-UX:
Without uncommenting the line '# include "ioctls.h", I in fact do get
some errors.  When I uncomment the line, it builds fine.
However, are you really sure that none of the stuff in the file is
needed - it contains about 400 fprintf()s... are they just for fun?
Just wondering ;-)

> If you want, I could send you the latter script (and the 'trace' binary
> for HP) -- just let me know.

...could you send me the script for AIX, please?

> Sorry for not replying earlier. I was being childish and stupid.
> Hope we have this straightened out now... Guess I started. My bad.[1]
>
> Almut
>
> [1] those who dislike the phrase might find this entertaining:
>     http://www.zenhaiku.com/archives/is_my_bad_bad.html

hey, first I was like: you saying sorry?, then I went, kewl! it's not
just me that goes 'm I bad? or... um, like, you know, whatever.
Me stupid. Not your bad.

Thanks for the link - enjoyed it.

And, of course, thanks for the list of tools - that was what I was
looking for. I knew you could fill those in.
You're my heroine (hopefully not heroin!!)  and... um, whatever.

Riccarda :-)