[prog] Converting definitions into 'on the fly' code...

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Wed May 5 07:53:15 EST 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:50:07AM +1000 or thereabouts, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 21:19, Conor Daly wrote:
> > This is an interesting one for me but comes with a few caveats.  Well, one
> > really; "Large amounts of complexity are to be avoided".
>
> Your subject and the above line would suggest to me that an appropriate
> response is 'Use Python' (or perhaps Perl, Ruby etc), but your sample code is
> in C/C++.  Unfortunately I don't speak either of the latter, so I can't
> really add much more.

Well, at this stage I'm open to suggestion.  I tend to think in C mostly and
have no Python/Perl yet but that's not necessarily a problem 'cos I could
get some...

The main thing is it would be nice to be able to add a test to a config
somewhere and have it happen.  The other option is to write new functions
and have the program set up so that it recompiles if necessary before
running (as our weather model does).

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.