[prog] C and curly braces - question of style?

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Mon Aug 23 15:55:37 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 08:55, Diggy Bell wrote:
> Hey Angelina,
>
> I'm probably going to set myself up to be torched here, but braces are
> something that I generally see as a matter of personal style.  Everybody has
> their own personal tastes and I think this is one that shouldn't be such a
> religions battle.

If you mess up your braces, or work with a team who do things
differently from you, there's an easy solution: use a formatter. :)

You can even stick a line in your make file that formats code according
to the group's standard at compile time, just to make everyone happy
with a minimum of human effort. It'll take .. microseconds for the
computer to reformat things? Geee.....

Jenn V.
   My book 'Essential CVS': published by O'Reilly in June 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/