[prog] VSS to CVS -- looking for experiences and argumentation help

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Thu Apr 22 14:50:30 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 02:13:30PM +0200, dominik schramm wrote:
> There have been three attempts at work to move from Microsoft Visual
> SourceSafe (VSS) to CVS.

I'm not in exactly the situation you describe, but I'll be
interested in this discussion.  At my workplace, in a few weeks
we're going to be moving from Telelogic's CM Synergy to CVS.  (Yea!)
I haven't ever used VSS, so I don't know how it compares to CM
Synergy, but the latter is pretty GUI-based and complex (it's
task-based, meaning that users define tasks against which files and
directories are checked in and out, and the tasks themselves are
checked in and out).  Although I'm looking forward to the switch, I
don't have any part in coordinating it, so I'll have to comment from
the sidelines.  I hope to be able to answer your questions based on
my organization's transition in a few weeks.

--
Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/

In Mexico we have a word for sushi: bait.
		-- Josi Simon