[prog] GNU C tutorial

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu May 29 22:03:38 EST 2003

On Thursday 29 May 2003 11:39, Sue Stones wrote:
> Let us know what you find out.

Alas, I have been asked to not distribute the text, essentially on the
following grounds (a paraphrase of a more detailed explanation from the GNU
Press Managing Editor):

The book is based on an original work around 12 years old, and although an
attempt was made to bring it up to date, it was decided by the GNU Press team
that it would be better to start again from scratch.  They would prefer that
it was not distributed on the grounds that it has both incorrect and bad
information, which is especially a big problem for beginngers, the audience
that the book as aimed at.

GNU Press is after people to help contribute to the new C book, both with
editing and writing sample programs.  Contact press at gnu.org if you are
interested.

If anyone knows of an equivalent resource, let me know.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--

Rasjid Wilcox