[prog] Software Evaluation

evolution_9112003 at yahoo.com.au evolution_9112003 at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 11 01:47:20 EST 2003

Hi,

I was given this knowledge management software (runs both on Linux and
Windows) which basically collects information about meetings and can save
information on pdf, zip, audio, video files.

Now, I been asked to evaluate the security of the software (not source code
given!)...basically they want to know how this software can be exploited by
external attackers and then they can polish.

I don't have any clue where to go and what to look for! All I know is D
Wheeler's programming-security-howto But didn't think that would be much of
a help in this case.

Anyone has any ideas about this? Any suggestions/ links/ recommendations
would me much appreciated.