[prog] Filling an option list (was: perl woes...)

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Jun 4 09:56:00 EST 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Wolfgang Petzold wrote:

> Well, actually I have just done it quick-and-dirty for a test. I have to
> say, you got me interested therein. Let me just re-phrase it a bit into
> some kind of pseudo code for better understanding.

That's a great solution Wolfgang.  Seeing the potential for a very large
cascading if-then-elsif-then-elsif-then-else I just want to offer the
suggestion of CGI::Application.

I have one final comment on using this javascript solution and that is
userfriendliness.  Almost all browsers support javascript now (although
w3m and lynx remain strongly used examples of ones which don't) but not
all users leave javascript on, or leave all parts of javascript on.  This
means that you must still make your form useable by people who don't have
javascript to submit their form.

Just keep that in mind and all will be well.

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson	    |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |