[prog] Perl and PHP (was: Re: session management ...)

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Jul 4 13:05:17 EST 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:17:29PM +0200, Dan Richter wrote:
> I learned PHP from the online documentation:
>   http://www.php.net/docs.php
> It only took me about two weeks to be quite proficient. PHP is easy to
> learn!

...and it's easy to learn even if you know very little other programming.

I've done a few 1 hour sessions with people, and after an hour of one-on-one
training, they can be up and writing small web apps with PHP and mySQL.
They're hardly gurus after the hour, but one of the people I taught went on
to get a job as a web programmer just that only 3-4 months after I got him
started, even though he'd only done a little programming prior to that.

I think that's a pretty neat trick, as far as scripting languages and
databases go.

 Terri