[prog] re the perl course

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Feb 8 02:11:18 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:27 pm, Sue Stones wrote:
> My reply wasn't meant to be too serious either.  Apart from anything else
> I've only done a few of hours of perl. (about 5)
>
> One thing I found important when switching from python to perl is
> semi-colons.  You get some very obscure error messages when they are left
> off.

Oh, don't you ever!  Those random error message were the cause of much grief.

It took me several days to work out that whenever I got an error message that
just seemed completely out there, that I was probably just missing a
semi-colon.

It is now the first thing I look for when Perl gives me an error.  (I still
leave them off quite often. *sigh*)

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox