[prog] Programming Question

Nancy Ging turtle at camano.net
Mon Sep 16 14:47:59 EST 2002

Hi, all--

I'm doing some work for a nonprofit. Here's the puzzle I'm trying to solve.

We'd like to have people be able to come to the site, enter their contact
information, and have emails automatically sent to their congressional
representatives for them. The problem is that about 70% of congresspeople
only accept email submitted through their web sites with the email address
hidden away in the script.

I could programmatically simulate a form submission, but that will almost
certainly run into referer limitations in their script.

I know this can be done, because other sites are doing it. Does anyone have
suggestions about how it can be accomplished? Can I work it through lynx
somehow?

Perl and PHP are the languages I'm hoping to use.

TIA,

Nancy Ging
Turtle Island Web Design
http://www.turtlehome.com/
An island of vision in a sea of technological possibilities...