[prog] Cool list, and screen savers

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Mon Sep 16 07:56:46 EST 2002

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 05:41:06PM +1000, Sue Stones wrote:
> Now I was just wondering today how to write a screen saver, as I would like
> to write a more personal one.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to go
> about it?

I gather that a good starting point is to take a look at xscreensaver,
because all of the different screen-savers there are basically
"plug-ins"; the requirement for a screensaver program for xscreensaver
is that the program must have an option which makes its display go to
the root window.

If you go that route, all you have to concentrate on is making your
pretty display -- the actual screensaver stuff is taken care of by
xscreensaver.

Kathryn Andersen