[prog] Including entities in DocBook

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Thu Nov 21 12:15:05 EST 2002

I have several DocBook docs that have a lot of entities in common. I would
like to declare all the entities in a single file, like this:
   <!DOCTYPE ... [
       <!ENTITY entity-file SYSTEM "foo">
       &entity-file;
   ]>
But that doesn't work. Can anyone suggest a way of accomplishing the same
thing? While we're at it, it would be nice if it worked with XML, not just
SGML. (Yeah, I know, would you like the moon with that too...)

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
    Many hacker groups, in anonymous interviews with Mi2g, have
    said that they prefer attacking Linux systems and very rarely
    target anything running Windows, simply because to do so is
    far too easy...
      - Jan Andresen, computer security expert at Mi2g
        (a computer security consulting firm)