[prog] Re: Welcome to the "Programming" mailing list

Diane diane at minihub.org
Thu Nov 21 16:26:27 EST 2002

Hello everyone,

My name is Diane - I'm new to the LinuxChix lists.
I was very pleased to find out about LinuxChix and have joined quite a few
of the lists to start with.

So I'm just posting to introduce myself.  I'm from Victoria, Australia, and
I've been working in computers for a while now; having done IT support and
software development, I'm now trying to get by as an IT Consultant, which
I'm fiinding difficult.  During my spare time, lots of it, I've become a
faithful Linux adherent, and have lots of little learning goals that seem
to get held up all the time.

I really enjoy programming, but I know nothing about C or perl or any other
useful language (I used to work in something called Foxpro) so I'm hoping
to start picking up those skills here.

Are there any web-developers/programmers here?

I'm also hoping I can contribute something to this community, and to help
and support others when I can.  I'd like to think I have something useful
to give out of my experience!

Kind Regards,
Diane