Repost: [prog] KDevelop-Qt GUI... HELP!!!

Robert J. Hansen cortana at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 28 12:10:48 EST 2002

> Ok. I'm re-posting this question, it's pretty obvious that noone here
> knows The Right Solution - so anyone who has a vague pointer, or even a

I didn't respond to this before because I'm not a KDevelop user--I do
all my Qt programming within jEdit (www.jedit.org -- it's currently my
favorite programmer's editor).  Still, that being said...

> > System with KDevelop and Qt as the dialog editor.I'm facing problem in
> > implementing a slot where i named it insertDBaseSlot().Basically, my main

First things first: have you preceeded the insertDBaseSlot() declaration
with "public slots:"?  Before a method may be used as a slot, Qt must
know that it's a slot.  You do this with a "public slots:" block inside
your code.

(There are also "protected slots:" and "private slots:", but leave those
for now.)

Second things second: are you generating signal-and-slot code with moc?

Third things third: are you remembering to include the moc-generated
code with your regular code?

... I've found the above three things are the cause of 90% of most
newbie problems with Qt.  Check them out and get back to us on the
list.  :)