[Jobposts] Software Engineer, Strategy

Rollie Minton rollie.minton at warbyparker.com
Tue Apr 23 19:29:56 UTC 2019

Warby Parker is on the lookout for a well-rounded, driven Software Engineer
to join our 70+ person Technology team and transform innovative, strategic
ideas into integral systems and tools. Our ideal candidate is a master
collaborator with the technical savvy to oversee the product lifecycle and
keep code quality top of mind. In this position, you’ll play an important
role in helping Warby Parker continue to change the eyewear industry
through beautiful, innovative systems and exceptional user experience.
Sound cool? Read on!

*What you’ll do:*

   - Lead the design and development of new, creative technical solutions
   that will be implemented across Warby Parker
   - Partner with stakeholders to define a roadmap, propose improvements,
   and architect solutions to meet business needs
   - Build new features for our existing systems that help create and
   improve our omnichannel environment
   - Take part in code reviews and promote high standards of code quality
   - Deliver limited-defect products through ubiquitous testing automation
   - Collaborate with members and leaders within the Technology team to
   refine best practices and processes
   - Advocate the adoption of new technologies while continuously advancing
   and evolving our product

*Who you are:*

   - Equipped with 3+ years of professional programming experience,
   including some time working for a rapidly growing technology organization
   - Backed by a strong understanding of software engineering principles
   and fundamentals, from data structures to algorithms
   - Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, or
   C++)
   - Knowledgeable about modern relational databases, such as PostgreSQL,
   Oracle, and MySQL
   - A quick learner and self-motivated problem solver
   - Skilled at designing RESTful API
   - Experienced in agile development and continuous delivery
   - An excellent and empathetic communicator, both in writing and in person

*Extra credit:*

   - Experience with AWS
   - Formal knowledge of Linux or other UNIX systems
   - Ability to work within modern JavaScript libraries and frameworks

*Please apply here:*

https://grnh.se/d70ca1f21

*About us:*

Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer
eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially
conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing
our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at
decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a
fraction of the going price!).

In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the
U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and
launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, *Fast
Company* has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.

We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental
responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating
carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for
every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be
profitable while doing good in the world.)

Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one
likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby
Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers,
volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-)
stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great
company.

*Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:*

   - Health, vision, and dental insurance
   - Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
   - Retirement savings plan with a company match
   - Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
   - Cell phone plan reimbursement
   - A health-and-wellness stipend
   - Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
   - And more (just ask!)

Rollie Minton
WARBY PARKER
<https://www.warbyparker.com/?utm_source=employee&utm_medium=email&utm_content=signature&utm_campaign=signature&cvosrc=email.employee.signature>