[Jobposts] Product Manager, Business Intelligence

Rollie Minton rollie.minton at warbyparker.com
Tue Apr 23 18:25:52 UTC 2019

Warby Parker is looking for a motivated Product Manager, Business
Intelligence to develop and nurture a brand-new team focused on data
governance and modeling. One of our company’s core values is “Learn. Grow.
Repeat.” To grow, you need quality feedback. And to get quality feedback,
you need quality data! In this role, you’ll help serve Warby Parker
employees (who are already voracious data consumers) by building upon the
solid technical and cultural foundation for information gathering we’ve
constructed over the last nine years. To grow Warby Parker’s analytics
capabilities, you’ll partner with a slew of stakeholders, Data Modelers,
Engineers, and Data Scientists and ensure our data is clear,
well-documented, and easy to use. Developing and executing processes,
tracking metrics, and setting priorities for your team will also fall under
your leadership umbrella.

You don’t need prior expertise with data models or data warehouses (though
if you do have it, please let us know!). Rather, our ideal candidate is
experienced in gathering complex technical requirements, facilitating
discussions across business units, thinking like an analyst, and learning
technical material on the job when you need to. Sound a lot like you? Read
on!

*What you’ll do:*

   - Facilitate data model definition workshops across Warby Parker
   - Develop continuously improving processes for determining data
   ownership, ensuring correctness, and keeping our data models up to date as
   the business changes
   - Shape the scope and goals of our new Business Intelligence team,
   working closely with our Data Platform team and Director of Data
   - Manage team priorities in a fast-evolving business, determining
   concrete next actions and removing roadblocks
   - Connect with stakeholders across the company to ensure that your
   team’s work still supports their needs
   - Help write, edit, and maintain data documentation
   - Work with our Data Platform and Data Science teams to determine a
   company-wide data strategy
   - Learn from and teach other Product Managers on the Technology team
   - Create and track metrics that support the Business Intelligence team’s
   mission

*Who you are:*

   - Backed by 5+ years of experience managing software or analysis
   projects with non-technical stakeholders in an Agile environment
   - Empathetic and capable of communicating with people from a wide
   variety of backgrounds
   - An organizational mastermind who’s able to gather and prioritize
   requirements across many business stakeholders
   - Comfortable thinking like an analyst to turn complicated business
   problems into quantitative problems that make them more tractable
   - Demonstrated ability to learn technical material as needed
   - Capable of writing about and explaining complex topics clearly
   - Interested in how things work (when you need to get up to speed on
   something, you excitedly dive right into a book about that topic)
   - Detail-oriented—since getting data definitions exactly right often
   means sweating the small stuff

*What you’ll learn:*

   - The nitty-gritty of how Warby Parker is changing the optical, fashion,
   and retail industries
   - How a stakeholder-driven business operates and how we serve the
   continually needs of our customers, employees, community, and environment
   as we grow
   - A lot (or a lot more) about bringing dimensional modeling, data
   warehousing, data engineering, and analytics to a fast-growth company

*Extra credit:*

   - Experience working with, or collaboratively designing, dimensional or
   star schema models
   - Familiarity with BEAM✲ or other Agile Data Warehouse methodologies
   - Prior training in library science, information management, archival
   science, or records management
   - Experience mentoring analysts
   - Any relevant teaching experience

*Please apply here:*

https://grnh.se/d30e81cd1

*About us:*

Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer
eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially
conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing
our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at
decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a
fraction of the going price!).

In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the
U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and
launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, *Fast
Company* has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.

We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental
responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating
carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for
every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be
profitable while doing good in the world.)

Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one
likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby
Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers,
volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-)
stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great
company.

*Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:*

   - Health, vision, and dental insurance
   - Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
   - Retirement savings plan with a company match
   - Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
   - Cell phone plan reimbursement
   - A health-and-wellness stipend
   - Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
   - And more (just ask!)

Rollie Minton
WARBY PARKER
<https://www.warbyparker.com/?utm_source=employee&utm_medium=email&utm_content=signature&utm_campaign=signature&cvosrc=email.employee.signature>