[Jobposts] Senior Product Manager, SRE

Rollie Minton rollie.minton at warbyparker.com
Tue Apr 23 17:56:20 UTC 2019

Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Senior Product Manager to help oversee
the strategy, roadmaps, and business outcomes for our Site Reliability
Engineering (SRE) team. In this highly collaborative role, you'll support a
group of in-house Engineers responsible for the reliability, quality, and
performance of Warby Parker’s applications. You'll also drive the adoption
of best practices throughout our Technology department. Your work will be
fast-paced, self-directed, agile, and data-driven. Sound right up your
alley? Read on!

*What you’ll do:*

   - Manage the team responsible for the reliability, quality, and
   performance of our business applications
   - Migrate the SRE team toward owning Warby Parker's infrastructure
   platform and providing SRE oversight of other Product Teams
   - Determine the overall SRE strategy
   - Scope new internal features and products, working across teams to
   gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and deliver
   value in an agile manner
   - Help maintain and internally publicize product documentation to
   promote self-service
   - Identify top-priority metrics and targets for the team to impact
   - Create and communicate roadmaps based on Warby Parker’s business
   objectives and metrics
   - Ensure stakeholders are informed about progress and decisions
   regarding each product
   - Run demos and meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
   - Maintain a highly engaged, energized, and efficient team
   - Own and manage the SRE budget, including vendor expenses

*Who you are:*

   - Backed by 5­­–7 years of product management experience
   - Confident managing technical products, such as shared cloud
   infrastructure, APIs, vendor integrations, and developer tools and services
   in highly available environments
   - An Agile practitioner who’s well-versed in various project management
   methodologies
   - Equipped with a technical mindset, empathy for users, systems
   thinking, and an eye for good design—all of which help you create and
   deliver exceptional products
   - A naturally curious person who dives into any available information to
   better understand the task at hand
   - A skilled written and verbal communicator who can explain complex
   topics in clear, compelling ways
   - Equipped with strong analytical reasoning skills and experience
   analyzing scenarios quantitatively
   - Able to measure the business impact of systems you've helped develop
   - Ready to make tough decisions when needed
   - Comfortable being both a team player and a leader while contributing
   to a variety of projects
   - Driven by a desire to help others

*Extra credit:*

   - Experience with e-commerce and/or retail businesses
   - A degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related field
   - AWS experience

*Please apply here:*

https://grnh.se/99cbe7471

*About us:*

Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer
eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially
conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing
our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at
decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a
fraction of the going price!).

In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the
U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and
launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, *Fast
Company* has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.

We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental
responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating
carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for
every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be
profitable while doing good in the world.)

Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one
likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby
Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers,
volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-)
stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great
company.

*Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:*

   - Health, vision, and dental insurance
   - Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
   - Retirement savings plan with a company match
   - Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
   - Cell phone plan reimbursement
   - A health-and-wellness stipend
   - Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
   - And more (just ask!)

Rollie Minton
WARBY PARKER
<https://www.warbyparker.com/?utm_source=employee&utm_medium=email&utm_content=signature&utm_campaign=signature&cvosrc=email.employee.signature>