[Jobposts] Carnegie Mellon University: HCII Tenure Track Faculty Opening

Jessica Stanley stanleyj at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 22 16:49:22 UTC 2016

Please note the following job opening at CMU in the HCII.

The Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie Mellon University is
pleased to announce a tenure-track faculty opening. The effective date of
appointment is August 2017, and salary is dependent on rank and
qualifications. The HCII prides itself on its record of innovative
development and understanding of technology to better the condition of
individuals and society. We seek candidates with an outstanding track record
in research, strong academic credentials, a history of or interest in
interdisciplinary research, and a terminal graduate degree appropriate to
their discipline. We especially encourage applications from candidates who
have demonstrated a commitment to studying and/or mentoring
under-represented groups such as women, minorities, people with
disabilities, and people of lower socio-economic status. We will consider
candidates at Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level.

While we encourage top candidates in any area to apply, we are particularly
interested in constructive design researchers who will contribute to the HCI
Institute¹s pioneering use of design research in HCI, with work in designing
new products, services, and systems to codify the current state of the world
and to suggest an improved future state. Candidates should have a background
in areas that prepare them to contribute to these efforts. Candidates should
be prepared to teach design studio and seminar courses.

The application process:

Applications must include (1) curriculum vitae, (2) research and teaching
interest statements, (3) a portfolio and/or 2-3 representative papers, and
(4) the names and email addresses of three or more individuals who have been
asked to provide letters of reference. Applications and references should be
submitted at: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~scsdean/HiringPage/. Applications
should indicate citizenship and, for non-US citizens, current visa status.

The HCII will review applications as we receive them; however the final
deadline to receive materials is January 6th, 2017.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at
hcii-faculty-search at cs.cmu.edu

Carnegie Mellon University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages
applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups. CMU
is responsive to the needs of dual career couples and is dedicated to
work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies.

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ.
Jessica Stanley
Manager, Director's Office
Human-Computer Interaction Institute