[Jobposts] Job Posting

James Lin jlin at tintri.com
Fri May 1 20:26:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

This position is located in Mountain View Ca.

Can you help post the two openings below.  Thanks for your help.

Job #1- Linux OS

Brief Description
This is a software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our purpose-built storage appliance.
________________________________
Description

Tintri exists to battle the 'storage quo'.

Over the past decade, virtualization and cloud have totally altered the data center. Storage is the exception. Conventional storage providers have retrofitted their solutions for this new world-and they're not working.

At Tintri, we challenge convention. That translates into differentiated technology that customers (including 5 of the Fortune 15) adore-our Net Promoter Score is 94. It's why we're growing triple digits year-over-year<http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2014/08/11/tintris-140-growth-threatens-shrinking-netapp/>, and have been named one of the hottest pre-IPO start-ups<http://www.businessinsider.com/hottest-pre-ipo-enterprise-startups-2014-2?op=1>. And it's why we're a top place to work in the Bay Area<http://www.insidebayarea.com/Classifieds/ci_23362459/Bay-Area-Top-Workplaces-2014:-Small>. We attract people who revel in seeing old problems in new ways, and who take pride in their work. People like you.

This is a software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our purpose-built storage appliance.

Responsibilities
*       Design, develop, and maintain custom Linux OS for storage appliances.
*       Create, update, and maintain Linux RPM packages as well as design and develop custom upgrade modules for our Linux OS based products.  Also, configure standard Linux daemons for use in our products.
*       Automate and maintain custom Linux OS build tasks.
*       Understand Linux security features and monitor public Linux security disclosures. Analyze and fix issues that impact our products.
*       Participate in product definition and design; identify sound solutions to technical problems; provide schedule estimates for their scope of work.
*       Implement and deliver technical solutions timely; provide unit and functional tests for quality assurance.
Requirements
*       At least 5 or more years industry experience in Linux system software development, especially in builds, packaging, distribution, and installation.
*       Experience with RPM, spec files, YUM, Kickstart, Linux builds, patch integration, and system configuration for commercial products.
*       Working knowledge of the Linux kernel including the ability to modify and maintain a custom kernel.  Also, a solid understanding of the Linux boot sequence and initrd.
*       Expert in Linux system administration; RHCSA is a plus.
*       Expert in C, C++ and scripting languages (bash, python, etc.).
Education
*       Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent; Master of Science or higher is a plus.
Please send your resume to JLIN at tintri.com<mailto:JLIN at tintri.com>

Job #2 - Linux Kernal

Brief Description
This is a software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our purpose-built storage appliance.
________________________________
Description
This is a software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our purpose-built storage appliance.

Responsibilities
*       Participate in product definition and design; identify sound solutions to technical problems; provide schedule estimates for the kernel scope of work.
*       Implement and deliver technical solutions timely; provide unit and functional tests for quality assurance.
*       Regular Linux kernel maintenance, enhancement, and upgrade.
*       Flexible to work independently or lead a small team.
Requirements
*       5+ years working experience in Linux kernel, especially in Intel x86 multi-core architecture.
*       Experience in various kernel components including cpu scheduler, memory management, block driver and file systems.
*       Experience in system bringup, kernel debugging and performance troubleshooting.
*       Familiar with Linux distros, kernel configuration and software packaging.
*       Understanding of storage I/O and networking stacks a plus.
*       Strong problem solving skills in muti-threading environments.
*       Proficient in C/C++ and scripting languages (bash, python, etc.).
Education
*       BS in CS/EE; MS or higher desired.
Please forward your resume to JLIN at tintri.com<mailto:JLIN at tintri.com>.
Best Regards,

James Lin
Senior Recruiter
jlin at tintri.com<mailto:jlin at tintri.com>
650.810.8219 |408 693-4855 (mobile)
[tintri_logo_horizontal_smart_sig_200]

Vision
Tintri's vision is simple: everything in the data center should be virtualized. Our mission is to drive dramatically increased adoption of virtualization by providing a clearly superior alternative to traditional networked storage adapted to VMs. We believe that this is only possible with storage specifically designed for VMs.
"Tintri Named Top Workplace San Francisco Bay Area"
http://www.tintri.com/news/press-releases/tintri-named-top-workplace-san-francisco-bay-area

"Tintri Culture Video"

http://www.tintri.com/resources/videos/work-tintri

"Tintri's 140% Growth Threatens Shrinking NetApp"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2014/08/11/tintris-140-growth-threatens-shrinking-netapp/

"In the Studio," Tintri's Kieran Harty Brings Virtualized Storage To The Enterprise -

http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/13/in-the-studio-tintris-kieran-harty-brings-virtualized-storage-to-the-enterprise/

"Tintri Revenue Soars as Adoption of Application-Aware Storage Heats Up"

http://www.tintri.com/news/press-releases/tintri-revenue-soars-adoption-application-aware-storage-heats
"Tintri Named Visionary - Gartner Magic Quandrant"

http://www.tintri.com/news/press-releases/tintri-named-visionary-gartner-magic-quadrant-general-purpose-disk-arrays