[Jobposts] Consulting Data Integration Engineer at HCA
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:20:35 UTC 2015
*Title: **Consulting Data Integration Engineer*
*Location: **Nashville, TN*
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to HCA recruiter's inbox and
take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
This position will focus on enhancing and automating capacity planning and
performance tuning related to our integration platforms. Linux Red Hat
6.4+ expertise is required. Opportunity abounds to learn many new
technologies in the world’s largest implementation of both Cloverleaf and
BizTalk integration platforms. Ultimate responsibility will involve
improving and maintaining platform reliability. HCA is recognized for
their leadership and has been recognized by the Nashville Technology
Council for Team of the Year as well as CIO of the year,
The Consulting Data Integration Engineer is a consulting level position
responsible for leading the administration of our Integration Platforms
(Linux, Windows 2008, VMWare, F5, BizTalk,SQL,and Cloverleaf as examples).
This position will be defining and executing new deployment and support
standards within the HCA IT&S community.
Candidates must have strong organizational, leadership, analytical, and
follow-through skills. Further, candidates must have excellent written and
oral communication and negotiation skills that foster strong working
relationships across a large team, vendors and varied stakeholders.
Candidates must establish and maintain strong relationships with other IT&S
departments, project teams, and staff. Collaborates with operational staff
managers on planning, status reporting, issues management, risk management,
and capacity planning. Leads efforts to develop and implement best
practices, core competencies, frameworks, and efficient processes to ensure
a reliable integration infrastructure.
The Integration Platform Engineer works independently. This person
exercises judgment in selecting and/ or adapting methods and techniques for
achieving optimal integration solutions. The candidate makes technical
decisions to ensure successful operations and support of these
technologies. While working independently, the candidates would also mentor
junior team members to expand knowledge and capabilities.
• Provide formal and informal leadership to cross-functional teams
• Provide training and education to other staff members as appropriate
• Manage and facilitate meetings as assigned.
• Responsible for the design, configuration, installation and support of
the integration platforms. System environmental definition and coordination
activities (eg. QA, training, test, training, support, etc.) for operating
systems, hypervisor, and integration engines and other ancillary
infrastructure compenents such as load balancing and databases.
• Responsible for designing and implementing high availability capabilities
in the integration platforms.
• Integration platform performance monitoring and improvement
• Defining, documenting and implementing best practices for platform
• Serve as liaison with the IT&S Linux administrators, SAN/Storage teams,
and Capacity Planning
• Participate in various testing cycles
• Maintain system documentation to enable ongoing support of the system.
• Will serve as an on call resource for system operational issues
• Ongoing maintenance, tuning, and support of the integration platforms
• Works with Integration Support and Development teams to troubleshoot and
resolve issues in a manner consistent with a mission-critical healthcare
• Plan and perform system upgrades
Qualified candidates will have 7-10 years of relevant work experience.
College graduate required - undergraduate.
*SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS *
• Working knowledge of Linux, Windows Server 2008, VMWare are required
(Corresponding Certifications are preferred)
• Working knowledge of F5, BizTalk,SQL,and Cloverleaf preferred
• Proven experience in Scripting languages (Perl, PowerShell) preferred
• Understanding of underlying technologies to include storage, and
• Possesses good organizational and presentation skills. Demonstrated
presentation/public speaking skills and experience required.
• Definitive analytical ability. Problem solving is a required core
competency. Analyzes the components of the process including distinctive
characteristics, constraints, limitations, requirements, and risks.
• A comfort, or even preference, for an environment of discovery and
uncertainty. Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning
or growth. Focuses on the beneficial aspects of change and speaks
positively about the change to others. Tries to understand changes in work
tasks, situations, and environment as well as the logic or basis for
• Possesses developed interpersonal skills to work in a high profile and
fast paced team environment. Partners with colleagues to achieve shared
results, outcomes, or goals.
• Networks with senior internal and external contacts in area of expertise.
• The ability to design, implement and support systems to account for
enterprise deployment across multiple divisions
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS*
• Some travel may be required
• Typical work days and hours can vary depending on workload, schedules,
and project deliverables.
• Participate in the on call after hours systems as necessary
More information about the Jobposts