[Jobposts] Web Performance Engineer at DreamHost
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:41:05 UTC 2015
*Title: **Web Performance Engineer*
*Location: Los Angeles, CA*
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to DreamHost recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
DreamHost is looking to bring on an Engineer that will focus exclusively on
web performance and the ability to improve our technical stack, both for
end-users and internally.
Your job, if you choose to accept, is to help improve and increase
performance for all aspects of DreamHost’s technical stack. From end-user
web performance to kernel tuning, your role will be to help provide
consistent performance oriented solutions to every aspect of the DreamHost
What’s a normal day look like?! Lemme tell you. You may be asked to
investigate why a function in Apache is loading resources slowly, or to
design a cluster caching architecture, or deep dive into some Wordpress
code to see why a theme is performing poorly. Full stack analysis is the
name of the game and that is where you come in!
• Work with Development, Systems, and Network Engineering teams to identify
and resolve performance related issues.
• Build performance test frameworks and tools, and execute tests to draw
out actionable data.
• Design and implement improvements to infrastructure and software based on
analysis of test results.
• Delve deeply into the LAMP stack to uncover poor performance at each
*Core Technologies in use at DreamHost:*
• Ruby on Rails
• Ability to manage both infrastructure and application tuning processes.
• Proficient with Varnish, and knowledge of Apache or Nginx.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of CPU utilization, memory, throughput and latency.
• Demonstrated ability with refactoring code.
• Knowledge of web protocols, networking and Linux systems.
• Knowledge of the Linux kernel.
• SQL or R skills for data mining.
• PHP, Perl, Python programming experience is a big plus.
• Prior experience in a Performance Engineering role in a large scale
• A minimum of 3 years with test automation.
• Experience with operating system monitoring and tuning.
• Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla or other CMS is a plus.
• S. in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience.
More information about the Jobposts