[Jobposts] systems engineer position at Bay Area analytics startup

Alison Chaiken alison at she-devel.com
Fri Mar 13 05:13:33 UTC 2015

I am posting on behalf of a friend, so please don't respond to me directly.

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)                       {she-devel.com,

*Job Opening at AgiVox*

    *Open Position:* Systems Engineer
    *About Us:*
    AgiVox Inc. is building a cloud-based platform that uses machine learning
    on thousands of newsfeeds and blogs to enable applications that can deliver
    user-personalized topics and content in an eyes-free way. If learning and
    growing is important, then this is the place for you. We want self-starters
    and thought leaders. We foster an environment where anyone from the CEO to
    the chai maker can have the *key* idea that improves the product.

    *To be a great match for this position:*

    ·       You are a systems software engineer with a CS degree who wants to
    be in an early stage startup.

    ·       Your current skills should be classic computer systems, Unix,
    server-side performance tuning dealing with issues like scheduling and
    latency, client services

    ·       Familiarity with GAE and/or AWS, no SQL, and Python.

    ·       Your communication skills are excellent.

    ·       This position requires US citizenship or green card status since it
    is funded by a US government grant

    Initial salary at startup level until next funding cycle, and equity
    commensurate with experience and at early startup levels. Candidates from
    the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle are welcome to apply. jobs at agivox.com

    www.agivox.com