[Jobposts] woman-managed Bay Area startup seeks Systems Engineer

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:58:35 UTC 2015

I'm posting for a friend: DO NOT respond to me!

Alison Chaiken                           alison at she-devel.com
650-279-5600
http://{she-devel.com,exerciseforthereader.org}
One consumes a great deal of silence in the course of becoming
educated. -- Matthew B. Crawford

==============================

Job Opening at AgiVox
Open Position: Systems Engineer

About Us:

AgiVox Inc. is building a cloud-based platform that uses machine
learning on thousands of newsfeeds and blogs to enable applications
that can deliver user-personalized topics and content in an eyes-free
way. If learning and growing is important, then this is the place for
you. We want self-starters and thought leaders. We foster an
environment where anyone from the CEO to the chai maker can have the
key idea that improves the product.

To be a great match for this position:

·       You are a systems software engineer with a CS degree who wants
to be in an early stage startup.

·       Your current skills should be classic computer systems, Unix,
server-side performance tuning dealing with issues like scheduling and
latency, client services

·       Familiarity with GAE and/or AWS, no SQL, and Python.

·       Your communication skills are excellent.

·       This position requires US citizenship or green card status
since it is funded by a US government grant

Initial salary at startup level until next funding cycle, and equity
commensurate with experience and at early startup levels. Candidates
from the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle are welcome to apply.
jobs at agivox.com

www.agivox.com