[Jobposts] Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer at SigFig

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:38:13 UTC 2015

*Title: Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer*
*Location:* *San Francisco, CA*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to SigFig recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1EdfTrd

As a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer at SigFig, you will be responsible
for ensuring that our systems stay up (and up-to-date). This is a
challenging and rewarding role in which you’ll be supporting multiple data
centers as well as cloud infrastructure (AWS). You’ll troubleshoot issues,
help take our infrastructure to the next level, improve our scalability,
monitoring and alerting, and work towards our goal of continuous delivery.

What you will do:
• Support and troubleshoot Linux (CentOS), Varnish, Apache, Nginx, MySQL,
RabbitMQ, PHP, Jenkins, Docker, Consul, and much more!
• Quickly learn the ins and outs of our systems, adapt to rapid changes,
and propose improvements
• Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting
• Handle incident management and escalations
• Participate in an 24/7 on-call rotation

Qualifications:
• 5+ years experience with Linux systems
• Passionate about technology and infrastructure
• Scripting experience - Ruby and Bash (or similar)
• Automation - Puppet (or similar)
• Monitoring - Nagios, Ganglia, ELK, Graphite, etc.
• Prior experience in similar environments
• Extensive experience with system security
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong sense of motivation and drive
• Willing to wear many hats - we’re a startup and there’s a lot to do!
• Self-starter - you must be able and willing to take ownership of projects!

Nice to have:
• Languages: Scala, Java, PHP, Javascript
• Source Control: Git, Gerrit, SVN
• Virtualization: KVM, Xen
• Open Source: Docker, Consul, node.js
• Cloud: AWS

Working at SigFig:
• Flexible hours and vacation time
• Meaningful equity
• Monthly commuter benefit
• "Be Healthy" -- get reimbursed for healthy activities!
• Coming in April - brand new office space in the Mission, close to MUNI
and BART

With Regards,
Ron D