[Jobposts] Senior Systems and Reliability Engineer at Marketo (Portland)
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:45:20 UTC 2015
Title: Senior Systems and Reliability Engineer
Location: Portland, OR, USA.
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Marketo recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
This member of Marketo’s Operations team will be responsible for
maintaining the Test and Hosted Production systems for a fast growing SaaS
company in the Marketing Automation space. As the primary technical bridge
between Engineering and the production environment this position is a key
player in ensuring a secure, robust and available solution. This person
should be energetic, bright, and focused on team dynamics and results.
The Systems and Reliability Engineer will provide technical leadership to
operations team as we deploy, grow and scale our SaaS offerings leveraging
NoSQL technologies. Additional responsibilities include
• Work with Engineering and Production Operations to recommend changes to
ensure application robustness
• Hands-on management of the production systems, fault resolution, capacity
planning and root cause analysis for critical issues.
• Design & Deploy large-scale distributed systems with a strong
understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling.
• Build tools to automate processes and make recommendations for product
and infrastructure changes to make the application more robust.
• Monitor and respond to production application issues
• Create tools to automate system recovery
• Establish operations policies and procedures for production (with the
Operations, DBA and Engineering teams)
• Script and procedure development
• Able to communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide
technical leadership to more junior team members.
• The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team
consensus to move forward
Required Skills/ Experience:
• MS/ BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred. Credit
will be given for candidates who do not have relevant degrees but can
demonstrate equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience with NoSQL data stores (Hadoop/HBase, MongoDB,
• 5+ years of experience with MySQL databases, SQL and Linux
• Experience in Hadoop, MongoDB, NoSQL administration and scaling
• 5+ years performing capacity planning, performance analysis and
development of data disaster recovery plans for large scale data systems
• Expert understanding of ETL techniques and best practices to handle
extremely large and complex volume of data
• Server scripting (PHP, Perl, awk etc.)
• Implementing and supporting our Management tools and scripts
• Experience in large Web/DB projects
• Systems and infrastructure security
• High availability system design/support – ideally in a SaaS or commodity
website environment (Google, Yahoo, MSN, SalesForce etc.)
• Ultra high volume messaging
• Management infrastructure tools (Nagios, Cacti, Tivoli, OpenView, Splunk
• Deployment and distribution automation tools (YUM, Puppet, RPM, etc)
• Consumer software/website database design
• Expertise in Mail systems and MTA’s
• Salesforce’s Force.com Appexchange platform
• Virtual systems build and management utilizing VMWare, Xen or an
More information about the Jobposts